Coronovirus Update – 12/03/2020

Last week was a big week for us. The huge amount of pre-work was done so making a postponement decision was really tough on our team. For only the third time in 30 years, we decided this was the route we needed to take. The previous one was for the Foot and Mouth outbreak in 2005 and the one before that was in 1992! It’s not a bad record for an event that relies on the weather. There have actually been 36 events in total as we used to do two events per year in the early days, so all things considered a very high success rate.   

Thank you, as, despite the obvious knock-on effect with many already having made irreversible accommodation plans, no one complained and the feedback we have received has been both understanding of our position and positive about what we had to do. The Hurley Festivals are all about community and the community truly showed their gratitude by responding so positively.  

The new dates for H31.5 will be the 21st and 22nd November 2020. The event will be exactly the same as we had planned for March and we hope these work for everyone. 

The options now regarding refunds are as follows you should have received an email from us and we ask that you reply to this email in the following fashion. 

In the subject line of your email enter your booking reference, it should already be there, and then either REFUND or KEEP:-

  1. If you say REFUND we will refund the money in the next 7 days. If you choose this option you will need to re-enter when entry opens for the rescheduled November event.  
  2. If you say KEEP we will carry your booking forwards and hold the funds for the November event. By choosing this option you will not need to re-enter when entry opens for the rescheduled event. In day one of entry opening this year some events were 75% full, so this is a great option to make sure you get a place.
  3. If we do not hear from you within 7 days we will leave the booking live and you will have until 31 March 2020 to let us know. If we have not heard from you by then we will refund the booking and email you to let you know that we have done this.  

The other big news is that we do not intend running an H Festival in 2021. The same team that is working with this are also working on the 2021 ICF Freestyle World Championships in Nottingham. The workload of two large events in one year is massive so to relieve the strain and ensure both events are awesome the team have taken this decision. H32 is scheduled to be March 19 & 20, 2022.  We do plan some much smaller scale meet up events on the Thames Weirs in 2021 and will release details of these in due course. 

Corona is now declared a global pandemic by the WHO and the situation around what happens is evolving at an international level. Borders closing and isolation are all on the cards.  There is also some talk of a potential second bloom in the winter and this could affect the rescheduled H31.5 November event. With such a live situation we all understand plans may change and we will keep you all posted with news of H31.5 and H32 via our web and social channels.  

Thank you once again for your support of H31 and hopefully H31.5 in November. 

Our best

Jacko – Event Director – H Festivals

The H31 Team